Thursday 1 December 2011

Youngest contestant win at AMFA, Wafa Johanna de Korte

The youngest contestant, Wafa Johanna de Korte, 17, won The Asia Model Festival Awards (AMFA) New Face Model Search in the female category.

“I did feel a bit unsure about being the youngest contestant, as there were people in the competition that were older and wiser than me. But I just did my thing and decided to be me,” says the lass of Malay/Dutch parentage.


It has been a good year for Wafa, who also won the Japsal Fashionista Search 2011 back in July.

“I guess winning the Jaspal competition also gave me more confidence. But I felt a lot more pressure participating in AMFA as I have to represent my country in South Korea in January 2012,” she says.

Wafa, who only started modeling last November, is currently wrapping up her SPM exams and will head straight for another set of the “studies” after that – the art of the strut.

“There’s no such thing as too much practice. For the next two months, I’m going to strut everywhere I go to prepare for Korea,” she says.

Next year, Wafa plans to study Mass Communications broadcast and pursue a modeling career at the same time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...